THE "SUSTAINABLE CITY" - THE HEADLINE THEME AT 25TH POLLUTEC INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITION
Reducing environmental footprints, efficient use of natural resources and adapting to climate change: the cities of today are facing a whole host of challenges, and more and more are deciding to make changes in accordance with sustainable-development principles.
Pollutec chose to examine this theme through a dedicated space, a conference forum and a major international symposium.
BOUYGUES IMMOBILIER OUTLINED ITS OWN VISION OF THE SUSTAINABLE CITY ON 27 AND 28 NOVEMBER
On 27 November, Eric Mazoyer, Deputy CEO of Bouygues Immobilier, took part in the following:
- The press briefing on the Lyon Confluence project at the Greater Lyon urban authority stand, introduced by Gérard Collomb, Senator-Mayor of Lyon and President of the Greater Lyon urban authority. Other notable attendees included Francis Grass (divisional director at Veolia Transdev), Philippe Delahaye (President of Toshiba Systems France) and Jean-Pierre Gallet, representing SPLA Lyon Confluence.
- The Lyon Smart Community event, which also took place at the Greater Lyon urban authority stand. Gérard Collomb and Hideo Hato, President of Nedo (a Japanese government agency similar to Ademe in France), jointly gave details of the Confluence project one year after the MoA.
- A Web TV broadcast by Cleantech Republic at its stand (No. 163, Hall 4 Aisle L, in the Sustainably City Forum) discussing Bouygues Immobilier's strategy in respect of smart grids and innovative neighbourhoods.
- A report on the set of Pollutec TV, entitled "Lyon Smart Community, the largest smart-grid pilot site in Europe", which showcased the concept of and the challenges surrounding the Lyon Smart Community pilot site, which is being developed in La Confluence district. Hikari embodies the ethos of this venture.
On 28 November, Guillaume Parisot, Head of the Innovation department at Bouygues Immobilier and Fadia Karam, Director of Large Sustainable Urban Projects at Bouygues Immobilier, took part in a web TV initiative organised by Cleantech Republic on the following themes:
- "Smart building | Positive energy: tomorrow is already here" - Guillaume Parisot
- "Eco-neighbourhood | A composite image" - Fadia Karam
DEMAIN LA VILLE - PICKING UP FROM WHERE THE EVENT LEFT OFF
"Powered by Bouygues Immobilier", demainlaville.com is a forward-looking interactive blog discussing issues relating to tomorrow's sustainable cities and urban innovation. The blog marks a joint effort between journalists, bloggers, students and internet users in general. Even now, it is possible to consult blog entries by Usbek & Rica, a future-focused magazine, MarcelGreen.com, a webzine analysing the latest news about sustainable consumption patterns, urban-planning students from the Institut d'Etudes Politiques in Paris and the Ecole de Design Nantes Atlantique and by blogger Ludovic Bu.
Find out more about the Pollutec international exhibition by visiting demainlaville.com. The blog also features all the videos filmed by Cleantech Republic.
You can also sign up to our Twitter feed, @Demain_la_Ville, to receive news as it happens.