Bouygues Immobilier is a leading private property developer in France and Europe, with 1,969 employees at 31 December 2018 and sales of €2,628 million in 2018. With 39 branches in France and four outside France, Bouygues Immobilier has nearly 60 years' experience in developing residential, corporate and commercial projects in more than 250 towns and cities. Bouygues Immobilier has a strong commitment to innovation and sustainable development and therefore seeks to provide better quality of life over the long term for all its customers by making their experience of the buying process and their use of the living spaces and services created for them as pleasant as possible. Our high demands in terms of quality and our concern for the working conditions of employees is recognised by the fact that Bouygues Immobilier is the first property developer to be certified ISO 9001 in France, NF Habitat HQE and Top Employer France 2019.
The municipality of Issy-les-Moulineaux, Bouygues Immobilier and eight leading industrial players - Alstom, Bouygues Telecom, ERDF, ETDE, Microsoft, Schneider Electric, Steria and Total - announced in May 2011 the creation of IssyGrid®, France’s first district smartgrid.
A new partner - EDF Direction Commerce, which will provide its expertise in terms of innovation for the development of the service offering - has now joined this consortium.
A number of start-ups, all specialising in the fields of energy and the digital economy, have also chosen to team up with the consortium.
This groundbreaking smartgrid aims to create an energy management model for a whole district. Its objective is to oversee:
- renewable energy production: solar panels, etc.
- energy consumption: in housing, commercial property, shops, electric cars, etc.
- and energy storage: batteries, etc.
To be gradually rolled out within the Seine Ouest business district in Issy-les-Moulineaux, IssyGrid® will eventually cater for the needs of 10,000 employees in an area of 160,000 m2 as well as of 4,500 inhabitants living in Issy-les-Moulineaux.
After being completed in record time, the research phase is now over. The financing plan and the governance model have been defined with all the partners of this project.
The operational schedule has also been agreed. It will be based around three main phases:
- Up to the end of March 2012; the district will be monitored in order to assess both energy consumption and production.
- Between March and December 2012, complementary sources of energy production will come on stream and energy consumption will be optimised in order to avoid consumption peaks, factoring in the consumption of buildings and the management of electric vehicles,
- In 2013, Fort d'Issy, the first HQE-certified eco-neighbourhood on the outskirts of Paris, with its 1,600 housing units on a surface area of 12 hectares, will be also connected to IssyGrid®.