Situated in the La Duranne business district of Aix-en-Provence, the Anthemis project occupies a strategic location:
- 20 minutes from Marseille-Provence airport (Marignane),
- 5 minutes from the Aix-en-Provence TGV train station, with high-speed links to Paris (under 3 hours) and Lyon (1 hour),
- close to motorways to Paris, Lyon, Grenoble, Nice, etc.
This new office development benefits from a thriving business environment in Aix-en-Provence, which is home to 1,500 companies, mainly operating in the services sector, and their 27,000 employees.
Anthemis comprises two three-storey office buildings offering 3,900 m² of divisible and modular office space. There are also 179 parking spaces, 19 of them underground.
Within the two buildings, open-plan floor areas spanning 500-700 m² are arranged around a central core containing staircases and washrooms. As the space is modular, occupants can install optimised partitioned or landscaped offices to suit their wishes, with maximum flexibility.
With a design featuring contemporary materials and an exceptional panoramic view, Anthemis offers a very pleasant working environment and a status-enhancing showcase for businesses.
Anthemis has been designed to meet ambitious thermal performance objectives, exceeding the requirements of 2012 Thermal Regulations. In order to do so, Anthemis has:
- a high-performance thermal envelope and reinforced insulation on the façade and roof, plus double glazing,
- directional sunshades on exposed façades,
- a variable refrigerant flow reversible heating/cooling system.
As a result of these technical choices, the project is aiming for HQE® High Environmental Quality certification for office buildings (NF Bâtiments Tertiaires– Démarche HQE®) (2011 benchmark). Keeping thermal comfort and lighting needs to a minimum also means that the occupants of Anthemis will benefit from controlled service charges.
The two buildings are located on an elevated site covering over 8,000 m² opposite the Montagne Sainte-Victoire and the Arbois plateau.
The site has been carefully landscaped and respects the environment. Priority has been given to drought-resistant plant species so that there is no need for systematic watering.
Gravel has been used for the car parks in order to ensure that the soil remains permeable, allowing the site to make full use of rainwater.
- Surface area: 3,920 m² net area
- Capacity: 190 + 140 occupants
- Number of buildings: 2
- Number of floors: 3
- Parking spaces: 179
- Handover: 2015
- Architect: Patrice Denis