In 2011, Bouygues Immobilier handed over Green Office® Meudon, the new headquarters of Steria, Europe's leading provider of IT-enabled services for businesses and administrations. The Green Office project made quite a splash, since it was the first large-scale positive-energy office building in France.
Steria has now renewed its trust in Bouygues Immobilier, asking the company to develop its future call centre in Roanne, central France.
Located on a brownfield site on Boulevard Valmy in Roanne, the call centre is a model of successful urban integration. The project had to meet many different criteria:
- blending into an existing site while providing optimum floor space,
- offering a layout suited to the activities of a call centre,
- complying with strict requirements for sustainable development and the comfort and well-being of employees.
Designed by Dominique Berger Architecte, Forum Roanne comprises two buildings linked by an atrium.
- The main building, on four floors, houses the call centre platforms and meeting rooms.
- The smaller second building, on two floors, houses corporate services (executive offices, administrative services, meeting rooms, canteen).
On completion, Forum Roanne will accommodate 420 worktstations on 4,474 m². In order to ensure the occupants' well-being, a number of requirements relating to acoustics, lighting and thermal comfort were incorporated into the design from an early stage.
- Particular care was taken with acoustic engineering, including the installation of ceilings, screens and partitions specially designed to improve sound wave absorption.
- The layout of floor space was designed to optimise visual comfort.
- The design of glass surfaces, the sealing of the building and the choice of energy systems ensure a high level of thermal comfort. Forum Roanne complies with 2005 Thermal Regulations.
To guarantee its customers optimum service quality, Steria needs a reliable and safe facility. That is why Bouygues Immobilier has taken particular care with the power distribution, access control and fire detection systems in Steria's brand new call centre.
- Surface area: 4,474 m²
- Capacity: 420 occupants
- Number of buildings: 2
- Number of floors: 1 building GF+1, 1 building GF+3
- Parking spaces: 250
- Handover: April 2014
- Architect: Dominique Berger Architecte