By using renewable energy sources in particular, Green Office® Meudon produces more energy than it consumes for its operation. The office building, designed by Ion Enescu from the architecture firm Ateliers 115 , has been sold to Scor and is leased to Steria , Europe's leading IT services company. The building already complies with the 2020 recommendations of the French “Grenelle” Environment Forum.
With BBC low-energy and BREEAM Excellent certification, Green Office® Meudon is also a High Environmental Quality (HQE) building with top ratings in nine categories. It was awarded a Silver Pyramid for innovation in 2011 by the French Property Developers Federation.
- Picture windows on 40% of the total surface area of the façade and a north-south orientation to take maximum advantage of natural light.
- Entirely natural ventilation in summer, through a system of automated vents that constantly adapt to the buildings' cooling needs.
- Thermal and acoustic insulation.
- Concrete floor slabs without false floors or ceilings to optimise the material's thermal inertia. Directly accessible, the concrete floor slabs can store coolness during summer nights – and heat during winter days – and release it subsequently.
- 4,200 m2 of photovoltaic solar panels.
- Biomass CHP boiler burning vegetable oil that generates both heat and power simultaneously.
- Lighting, heating, blinds and fans are managed automatically while still allowing occupants to adjust their own environment.
- The system provides a continuous stream of information about the building's energy consumption and production.
Green Office® does not only aim to save energy. User comfort is central to the concept, reflected in the choice of materials, the use of natural elements and the building's layout. Through features such as green walls, natural ventilation, optimised daylight, sound insulation, pleasant office areas with 3-metre ceilings and patios so that people can go outside and get a breath of fresh air, Green Office® seeks to be as pleasant to work in as it is energy-efficient.
11 avenue du Maréchal Juin
92366 Meudon-la-Forêt Cedex, France
- Surface area: 23 300 m²
- Capacity: 1 250 occupants
- Year of handover: 2011
- Certification: BBC – HQE - BREEAM
- Architect: Ion Enescu
- Owner: Scor
- Lessee: Steria