Located in the heart of a mixed development zone in Rueil-Malmaison, west of Paris, and designed by the architect Jean-Michel Wilmotte, Green Office® Rueil is a positive-energy building: in the course of a year, the building produces more decarbonised energy than it uses for its operation.
Green Office® Rueil boasts a bioclimatic design. Giving priority to natural light and ventilation, it reduces the amount of energy consumed by occupants while improving their well-being. Features include:
- an innovative active plate system which transforms the building's concrete floors into a heating or cooling storage system,
- heating, air-conditioning and ventilation with individual comfort units using geothermal heat from the water table,
- a central energy control system that offers:
- automatic management of lighting, heating, blinds and air-conditioning while allowing users to modify their own environment,
- continuous information about the building's energy consumption and production,
- 4,000 m2 of photovoltaic panels producing renewable energy.
All these cutting-edge technologies mean that the minimum energy consumption of Green Office® Rueil is 35-40% less than the requirement under 2012 Thermal Regulations. In addition, even this low consumption is offset by a photovoltaic power plant.
A symbol of Bouygues Immobilier's innovative approach to sustainable development, Green Office® Rueil has:
- BREEAM® International certification, the most widely used environmental evaluation system for buildings in the world,
- HQE® High Environmental Quality certification.
Green Office® Rueil
Rue des deux gares
92500 Rueil-Malmaison, France
- Architect: Jean-Michel Wilmotte
- Surface area: 35 000 m2
- Capacity: 2 100 occupants
- Scheduled handover: Q4 2014