Spring® is the second Green Office® to be designed by Bouygues Immobilier, with the first being in Meudon (near Paris). It is also the second large-scale positive-energy office building project in France. Thanks to renewable energy sources, Spring® produces more energy than it consumes(1) during operation. It consumes 75% less energy than a building constructed to RT 2005 Thermal Regulations.
With this exceptional energy efficiency, Spring® is the 1st office building in the world to obtain BREEAM®International certification (Europe Office 2009) with the highest rating: "Outstanding". BREEAM® International certification is the most widely used environmental evaluation system for buildings in the world.
Spring® is a global benchmark in sustainable construction and has the following certifications:
- NF Bâtiments Tertiaires - Démarche HQE (High Environmental Quality) certification for office buildings
- BEPOS (positive-energy building) certification
- BBC-effinergie® low-energy certification
- Bioclimatic design
- The floors, outside walls and roof are made out of concrete, known for its thermal inertia.
- Resin-based and mineral plaster insulation, two energy-efficient insulating materials.
- 80% wood composite windows, an energy-efficient insulating material.
- Eco-labelled interior materials (floors, walls, ceiling).
- Controlled mechanical ventilation with a heat recovery system.
- Renewable energy production
- 6,500 m² of photovoltaic panels to produce a record-breaking 840,000 kWh/m2/year and cover 45% of the hot domestic water requirement for the staff canteen.
- A geothermal system using groundwater, for heating and cooling, resulting in 50% less energy consumption than under the RT 2005 Thermal Regulations.
- Rainwater recovery system to fill toilet cisterns.
- A central energy management system
- Automatic management of lighting, heating, blinds and circulating fans, allowing users to modify their own environments.
- Real-time information about the building's energy consumption and production.
- Suface aera : 35,200 m²
- Headcount : 2 150 people