A symbol of Bouygues Immobilier's commitment to sustainable development, L'Avance in Montreuil, east of Paris, is the first residential complex in the Paris region to produce more energy than it consumes. The buildings comply with the BBC low-energy standard and produce renewable energies, a benefit that is not only ecological but also economical because the sale of excess energy reduces occupier charges.
Designed by the architect Muriel Germak, the 33-apartment complex is in the process of obtaining BBC Effinergie® low-energy and HQE® High Environmental Quality certification.
Production of renewable energies
- 270 m2 of photovoltaic solar panels incorporated into the roof.
- Heat pump that recovers the heat contained in vitiated air and wastewater to produce domestic hot water and feed a low-temperature underfloor heating system.
Features that reduce energy consumption
- Large south-facing windows to let in as much natural light as possible.
- Radiating underfloor heating.
- Extra external insulation for effective protection against excessive heat and cold.
- Interior blackout blinds in all rooms.
- Green roofs.
- Hygro B controlled mechanical ventilation.
- Gas absorption heat pump.
- Shared gas boiler.
Individually controlled energy consumption
- Touchscreen control panel in each apartment so that occupants can track energy consumption in real time and control lighting, heating and access.
- Remote control of heating, blinds, etc. via internet.
L’Avance in Montreuil marks a significant step forward in relation to a building that complies with 2005 Thermal Regulations:
- five times less energy consumption for heating,
- half the energy consumption for hot water,
- a positive energy balance of 2.33 kWh/m2/year.
As well as fixing energy performance objectives, Bouygues Immobilier has added its customary demanding standards for attractive design, comfort and ease of use, reflected in the wood cladding, the rendering of façades and private gardens. L'Avance also stands out for the quality of its integration into the urban and natural landscape.
- Number of apartments: 33
- Number of parking placest: 22
- Sheduled handover: Q1 2013
- Energy consumption: 41,39 kWh/m2/year
- Renewabe energy production: 41,39 kWh/m2/year
- Architect: Muriel Germak
L’Avance is located close to shops and schools in a residential district of upper Montreuil. Conveniently linked to Paris by Line 9 of the metro and by major roads, Montreuil is a vibrant community that jealously preserves its 37 hectares (91 acres) of parks and gardens and gives particular importance to culture, with facilities including libraries, cinemas, museums and theatres.
Rue de l’Ermitage