Property development projects generally take a long time. Several years may go by between the first studies for a building and handover to the customer. In those circumstances we need to keep in touch with the latest trends so that on handover the product is always at the cutting-edge of uses.
That is why we forge close links with start-ups. We created our subsidiary BIRD in 2015 to invest in high-potential start-ups – market-ready firms that have already achieved practical outcomes in strategic areas for us, such as energy efficiency, building performance and 3D visualisation.
As well as enabling us to enhance our offering, this support helps them to grow while retaining their operational and commercial independence. We have developed an ecosystem of partners including Bpifrance (a subsidiary of public investment bank CDC specialising in innovation), public and private investment funds, competitiveness clusters and regional incubators such as Paris&Co in Paris, TUBÀ in Lyon and Bordeaux Metro Pulse in Bordeaux.
Working with a company the size of ours may be intimidating for a recently created business. Some see Bouygues Immobilier as a kind of behemoth and don’t dare make contact with us. And yet we have already invested in eight start-ups over the last two years:
- Realiz3D, which specialises in the 3D modelling of property development projects,
- Lymo, the leader in crowdfunding for the property market in France,
- BePark, the European car park sharing leader,
- YAD.space, a co-working space design agency,
- Intent Technologies, which runs the first open building operation system,
- Ikimo9, the first site to compare new homes,
- Smiile, the European expert in open source solutions,
- Spallian, a consulting and software company.
So don’t hesitate to contact us!
You have created or are working in a startup in the residential property, commercial property or urban development sector and would like to work with us? Nothing could be easier: contact us here!